Smoothing a Braid to Control Hair – Hair and Beauty Tip
Similar to yesterday’s tip from Salon Salon in Destin… Use gel after a braid is finished to smooth down loose or uncontrolled hairs. Apply it to your fingertip or to the end of a hairpin, directing it on top of the stray hairs to encourage them back into the braided pattern. – Just another hair tip from your favorite Destin hair salon, Salon Salon
How to Braid Hair from our Destin hair salon
(information found on http://www.wikihow.com/Braid-Hair)
- Use a wide-tooth comb to remove all hair tangles. Hair should be smooth with no lumps or tangles
- Divide hair into smaller sections and use a fine-tooth comb again to be certain all knots are gone
- Pick section of hair you want to braid – any part and any amount
- If you are not experienced with braiding, start with smaller sections so you can control the hair easier
- Divide hair into three even sections. Separate them with your hands and try to always hold them separately
- Cross left hand section over middle section. Original left hand section is now middle section.
- Continue keeping sections separate while tightening the entire braid by pulling sections away from each other.
Begin Braiding Your Hair
- Cross right section over middle section. Original right hand section is now middle section.
- Tighten the braid again. But don’t pull too much as you don’t want to end up with a headache from a braid that is too tight.
- Continue this process alternating left and right sections over middle, again tightening (but not too much) as you go
- Repeat until you get to the bottom, leaving an inch of unbraided hair (your “tail”) at the bottom.
Secure the Braid
- An elastic rubberband (preferably covered with cloth to avoid hair breakage) should be used to secure the braid.
- Try to avoid standard rubber bands
- Now, put a drop of hair gel in your hands and rub them together rapidly to turn it into more of a liquid. Once the gel is emulsified, rub it along the top of the braid and even pick up the braid itself and rub it gently with your hands to cover it with the gel.
- Next, lightly mist the braid with hairspray keep it secure. Do this before adding any ribbons, etc.
- Add a ribbon or pretty clips to your completed braid! A ribbon is a great accessory and styling aid, especially with braids.
Destin Hair Salon in Destin – Hair braiding information from Wiki How
More Salon Salon in Destin – Destin Hair Salon – Daily Hair Tips
avoid hair mistakes beauty beauty tip braid hair Chi Chi Enviro cleanse your face Destin Destin Salon exfoliate flaky scalp french braid hair geo:lat=30.389016 geo:lon=-86.42435519999998 geotagged get rid of dandruff hair advice hair design hair extensions hair mistakes hair straightening hair straightening salon services hairstyling hair tip hair tips healthy hair helmet head holiday hair holiday hairstyles how to braid hair how to control hair how to use hairspray Salon in Destin Salon Salon Salon Salon in Destin shiny hair skin tips skin treatment smooth unruly hair special occasion hair special occasion hairstyle straight hair waxing wet hair wet look